Android App: Tracking Time
In the Harvest for Android app, you'll be able to track your time, edit and delete time entries, and submit your timesheet for approval.
When you sign in to the application, you’ll see your timesheet for the day. To add a new time entry:
- Tap the plus sign.
- The last project and task you tracked time to will automatically be suggested. To select a different project/task, tap the project/task name.
- From the Choose Project screen, select a project by scrolling through the list of active projects or by using the search icon to find the desired project.
- If you’re an Admin, or if you’re a Project Manager with create project permissions, you can create a new project by tapping the plus sign again.
- From the Choose Task screen, select the task you want to track time to.
- If you’re an Admin or a Project Manager, you can add a new task by tapping the plus sign.
- If the project and task pair that you’re tracking time to is one you frequently use, you can tap the star icon to add the pair to your list of Favorites.
- If you need to, add notes by tapping into the Notes (optional) field.
- Tap START TIMER to begin tracking time, or to add a past entry, select a Date and enter a Duration (or a Start and End Time, depending on your company settings), then tap SAVE to add.
Note: Your timer will be highlighted in blue to show that it’s running. To stop your timer, tap the stop button. To restart an existing timer, tap the play button. You can also hold your finger down on an entry, and an actions menu will pop up with a RESTART option.
If you’re using our Favorites feature:
- Tap the green plus sign (bottom right corner).
- A list of Favorites will appear at the bottom of your screen.
- To start a timer, tap the play button next to your favorited project/task pair, or, select the pair to add a Duration or Start and End times.
- If you need to track time to a project and task not on your Favorites list, simply tap More Projects.
Editing and deleting time
- Tap the entry you need to change.
- Select any field to edit it.
- When you’re done, tap SAVE.
- Alternatively, tap DELETE to remove the entry. You can also hold your finger down on an entry, and an actions menu will pop up with a DELETE option.
Submitting time for approval
- Tap the more actions icon (three dots) at the top right.
- Select Submit Week for Approval.
- Review your time for the week, and tap Submit to submit your timesheet or the arrow at the top left if you need to make changes.