PayPal Business Payments
If you’re a Regular User, check out our Regular User resources.
Note: PayPal is no longer actively supporting the Business Payments program, so if errors occur, we may not be able to help resolve them. As of August 2020, we no longer support PayPal Business Payments in new accounts and the feature will be fully removed from all accounts November 13, 2020. You may want to consider Stripe’s ACH option as an alternative.
PayPal Business Payments offers a fixed fee of $0.50 per transaction, instead of PayPal’s usual percentage-based fee, making it affordable for all types of transactions.
Once the integration is set up, whenever you send an invoice you can check the Include link to Web Invoice for online payment box. When your client views the Web Invoice by clicking the link in the invoice email, they’ll see a button at the top right that they can use to pay. To see what this looks like for them, you can click into any invoice and then click the Web Invoice button.
Please note that online payment with this gateway is only available for invoices in US dollars.
Integrating with Harvest
Per the note above, new PayPal Business Payment connections are no longer being supported.
You can disable payments via PayPal Payments Standard if you’re no longer using the service.
- Go to Invoices > Configure > Online Payment.
- Click the Deactivate link at the bottom of the page and confirm that you want to Deactivate PayPal.
Restrictions on Business Payments
- Business Payments is a program that is only offered through select partners, including Harvest.
- Payments occur between US bank accounts only. You and your customer must both have PayPal accounts with your bank accounts linked.
- Payments cannot be made by credit card.
- There may be a delay of three to five days before payment is credited to you. Business Payments uses an eCheck type of process.
- There is a transaction amount limit of $10,000 for verified accounts and less for unverified. If the invoice exceeds that limit, your client will see an error: The invoice amount exceeds PayPal transaction limits.