I just added a task, but it's not showing up on my timesheet's task dropdown. What should I do?
If you’re a Regular User, check out our Regular User resources.
If you’ve added a task in Manage > Tasks but it’s not an option when you go to your timesheet, make sure that you’ve assigned it to the project you’re tracking time to.
To add a task to a project:
- Go to Projects and click the Actions menu to the right of the project you’d like to edit.
- Select Edit to go to the Project Edit form.
- Under Tasks, use the Add a task… field to select the task and add it to your project.
- Click the Update Project button to save your changes. You’ll now see the new task as an option when tracking time to this project.
If you want to add a new task to all current projects, you must do this when you create the task. To create a new task and add it to all current and/or all future projects:
- Go to Manage > Tasks and click the + New Task button.
- Enter information for the new task.
- If you'd like the task to be added to all future projects, check the box next to This is a common task, and should be added to all future projects.
- If you’d like it to be automatically added to all current projects, check the Add this task to all existing projects box.
- Click Save Task.
You can also set an already existing task to be a common task, which will automatically add it to any projects created in the future. To make a task common:
- Go to Manage > Tasks and click the Edit button next to the task.
- Check the box next to This is a common task, and should be added to all future projects.
- Click Update Task.