Android App: Tracking Expenses
Entering expenses and uploading receipts
With Harvest for Android, you can enter expenses and upload pictures of your receipts directly to your Harvest account. To enter an expense:
Tap the navigation menu button (three horizontal lines) at the top left of your Harvest app, then select Expenses from the menu.
Tap the plus sign (bottom right corner).
The last project and expense category you tracked an expense to will automatically be suggested. To select a different project/category, tap the project/category name.
From the Choose Project screen, select a project by scrolling through the list of active projects or by using the search icon to find the desired project.
- If you’re an Admin, or if you’re a Project Manager with create project permissions, you can create a new project by tapping the plus sign.
From the Choose Category screen, select a category by scrolling through the list or by using the search icon to find the desired category.
Mark the expense as billable, or deselect the check box if the expense is non-billable.
Select a Date and enter the expense Amount.
To add a Receipt, tap (from left to right) the PDF button to attach a PDF, the Photos button to upload an existing picture, or the Camera button to take a new picture.
After you’re done, tap SAVE.
Editing and deleting expenses
- Tap on the expense entry you need to change.
- Select any field to edit it.
- When you’re done, tap SAVE.
- Alternatively, tap DELETE to remove the entry. You can also hold your finger down on an entry, and an actions menu will pop up with a DELETE option.