Mac App - Managing Preferences
In Harvest for Mac’s Preferences you can adjust settings, customize a few keyboard shortcuts, and troubleshoot app issues by clearing the app cache or sending a log to Harvest.
To adjust your app’s preferences:
- Open the Timesheet window and click the gear icon in the bottom right.
- Select Preferences…
- Under the General tab, you have options to:
- Automatically start Harvest when your computer starts up
- Show the app in your dock and app switcher
- Automatically check for new version updates of the app
- Turn on/off idle time detection after a specific amount of minutes
- Choose how many minutes before the idle time detector is triggered
- Open Harvest to enable Time Tracking Reminders
- Under the Shortcuts tab, you can customize the following keyboard shortcuts by typing a new one into each corresponding field:
- Start a new timer
- Show/hide timesheet
- Show time summary
- Show favorites
- You can also click Restore Default Shortcuts if you decide you don’t like the customizations you’ve made
- Under the Support tab, you can take the following actions:
- Click the Clear Cache button to reset your Harvest for Mac app. This is a great option if you’re running into any buggy behavior.
- Click the Send Log to Harvest Support button to help us debug any issues. A log may be requested if you’re communicating with our Support Team about a specific issue.