iPhone - Google and Outlook.com Calendar Integrations
If the time you track often lines up with the events in your Google or Outlook.com Calendar, integrating your calendar app with Harvest will allow you to use those events to populate new time entry information on your timesheet.
Integrating your Google Calendar or Outlook.com Calendar
There are two ways to integrate your calendar with Harvest directly from the app:
- Tap the green plus button in the bottom right corner of your timesheet. In the Favorites/Calendar toggle that appears, tap the Get Started button to bring up the Integrations section. Tap Connect for the calendar option you want and complete the authorization process.
- Tap the Account tab, then select Integrations. Then, tap Connect for the calendar option you want and complete the authorization process.
Note: You can only connect either a Google or an Outlook.com account, not both. If you start using one service and want to switch to the other one, please first disconnect the current integration.
You can also connect your calendar to your Harvest account in a web browser, as described in this article.
Tracking time with your calendar
- Tap the green plus button (bottom right corner). A list of Favorites will appear at the bottom of your screen.
- Tap Calendar in the Favorites/Calendar toggle to see a list of your calendar events.
- Select the event you want to track time for. Harvest will automatically add the event title to the time entry’s notes and populate the entry’s duration or start and end time fields (depending on your Harvest account settings) based on the event’s start and end times.
- Select the relevant project and task and edit anything you’d like.
- Tap the Save button (top right corner) to add the new time entry to your timesheet.
Disconnecting your calendar
To disconnect your Google or Outlook.com Calendar account from your Harvest account:
- Tap the Account tab.
- Tap Integrations.
- Click Disconnect for the connected calendar account.
This will cause Harvest to disable the connection on our end. Any time entries created from calendar events will remain in your Harvest account. To officially revoke access, you may also want to take any relevant steps within your Google or Outlook.com Calendar account.
You can also disconnect your calendar from your Harvest account in a web browser, as described in this article.