Android app: Unsynced entries
Time and expense entries you create using Harvest for Android are synced to your Harvest account whenever you’re connected to the internet. If the app can’t sync an entry for some reason, you’ll see a red dot on the navigation menu icon, and a new Unsynced Entries menu option will appear with a number badge that reflects the number of unsynced entries.
Finding details about your unsynced entries
- Tap the navigation menu (three horizontal lines) in the upper left of the screen.
- Tap the Unsynced Entries option in the menu.
- Tap each individual entry to see the error message about why that entry can’t be synced.
Common errors and issues
If an entry says Pending sync when you tap it, something is likely wrong with your internet connection. To fix this, verify that your device can connect to the internet via either mobile data or wifi. You may still experience problems if your connection is weak. When your internet is restored, tap the sync icon (in the upper right) to try resyncing your entries.
Sync error due to something being archived or locked
You may see an error about a project, task, expense category, or time period being archived or locked. To fix this, you have two options:
- Select the option to EDIT the entry and move it to an active or unlocked project, task, expense category, or time period.
- Restore or unlock the related project, task, expense category, or time period from the web version of Harvest. This article on locked time and expenses has detailed instructions for unlocking entries.
If none of the above steps work, we recommend manually recreating unsynced entries in the web version of Harvest. After that, you can use the general troubleshooting steps to fully reset your app by either clearing the cache or uninstalling and reinstalling the app. Keep in mind that if you take either of those actions, you will lose any entries that are currently unsynced.