Is there a free version of Harvest?
Harvest does have a free version, and it's is available for anyone to use. When you first sign up for a Harvest account, you get a free 30-day trial which is fully featured—that is, it’s the same as it would be if you were paying for the account. This is different from the free plan, which you’re welcome to use as long as you’d like. However, if you don't convert your 30-day trial to the free plan, then the trial will expire and you'll no longer have access to the account.
Here are the limitations of the free version:
- You can have only 1 seat in the account.
- You’re limited to 2 active projects. Archived projects don’t count toward this limit.
- You can’t upload a company logo.
- You can’t attach files to invoices or estimates.
- You can’t integrate with QuickBooks Online or import projects and people from Asana.
- You can’t import data.
- You can send unlimited invoices.
- You can have unlimited clients.
Switching to the Free Plan
Your Harvest account must fit the requirements mentioned above before you’ll see the option to switch to the free version.
To switch your free trial to the free plan:
- When your trial expires, or when you're ready to switch during your trial, click the Upgrade button at the bottom of any page in your account to start the upgrade process.
- On the Upgrade Your Harvest Plan screen, click the switch to the free version link at the bottom of the page.
- If you’ve enabled sample data in your trial account, any sample items will be removed when you make the switch.
To switch from a monthly paid account to the free plan:
- Click on Settings (top right).
- Click the Update Plan button in the Subscription Plan area, under the Billing Information section.
- Click the switch to the free version link toward the bottom of the page.
If you’re currently on a yearly paid plan and would like to convert to the free plan, please contact us for more information.
What if I don't see the link to switch to the free version in my trial or monthly account?
In all cases, your account must fit the limitations mentioned above before you’ll be able to switch to the free version.