Is there a free version of Harvest?
Sure thing! Our free plan is available for anyone to use. Here are the limitations:
- You can have only 1 seat in the account.
- You’re limited to 2 active projects. Archived projects don’t count toward this limit.
- You can’t upload a company logo.
- You can’t attach files to invoices or estimates.
- You can’t integrate with QuickBooks Online or import projects and people from Asana.
- You can’t import data.
- You can send unlimited invoices.
- You can have unlimited clients.
Note that when you first sign up for a Harvest account, you get a free 30-day trial, which is full featured—that is, it’s the same as it would be if you were paying for the account. This is different from the free plan, which you’re welcome to use as long as you’d like.
When the trial expires after 30 days, you can use the free plan by starting the upgrade process and, on the Upgrade Your Harvest Plan screen, clicking the switch to the free version link. You can also switch to the free plan from a monthly paid plan by clicking the Edit Plan button in the Billing Information section of your Settings and then clicking the switch to the free version link.
In both cases, your account must fit the limitations mentioned above before you’ll be able to switch to the free version, and please note that the change will be effective immediately. If you’ve enabled sample data in your trial account, any sample items will be removed when you make the switch.
If you’re currently on a yearly paid plan and would like to convert to the free plan, please contact us and we’ll help you out!