Changing Your Password
You can change your password from within your account or, if you've forgotten your password, reset it from the sign-in screen. Alternatively, an Administrator can send you a password reset email.
Updating your password
- Go to the Security section of your Harvest ID account.
- To reach that section from a Harvest account, click your name at the top right and select My Profile. In the Security tab of your profile, follow the link to Change Your Password.
- Once you’re in the Harvest ID Security section, click the green Change My Password button. You’ll receive a password reset email with a link you can follow to set a new password.
Note that if you want to reset your password because of suspected unauthorized access to your Harvest ID, we recommend that you instead click the link to sign out everywhere. This will immediately end all of your active sessions and automatically send a password reset link to your email; please follow that link right away to change your password and prevent others from accessing your account.
Resetting a forgotten password
If you’ve forgotten your password and can’t sign in to Harvest ID, head to https://id.getharvest.com and click the Forgot your password? link, then enter your email address and click the Send Link button. You’ll receive a password reset email with a link you can follow to set a new password.
Sending a password reset email to someone else
If you're an Administrator and one of your team members has forgotten their password and perhaps even the email address they sign in to Harvest with, you can send them a password reset email:
- Go to Team.
- Click the Actions dropdown for the team member and select Edit.
- Go to the Security tab. Here, you'll also see the email address associated with their account.
- Click the Reset Password button.
What if I don't receive the password reset email?
If you’ve requested a password reset email but haven’t received it, there are a few possible reasons:
- When requesting a password reset email via the Forgot your password? link, you entered an email address that doesn’t have a Harvest ID. It’s not unusual for people to forget that they originally signed up using their private address instead of their company address, for example, or a generic address at their domain (info@ or hello@, etc.) instead of their individual one. Make sure that you’re entering the email address associated with your Harvest/Forecast accounts and that there aren’t any typos.
- The email went to your spam folder or was otherwise filtered. Check your junk mail or search for emails sent from firstname.lastname@example.org to see whether it arrived successfully but was sent somewhere besides your main inbox.
- The email has been queued for delivery, which means that your email provider or IT department is blocking or delaying emails from us. Check in with them and ask them to add email@example.com to their whitelist of approved senders.