If you’re a Regular User, check out our Regular User resources.
Manage expense categories from Manage > Expense categories. Expense categories must be added before you can track expenses from Timesheets > Expenses.
Enabling the Expenses section
Click Settings (upper right corner).
- Only Administrators can view and change Account Settings.
In the Customize modules section, click Choose modules.
Check Expense tracking, then save.
Adding an Expense category
Go to Manage > Expense categories and click New category.
Enter the name of your category.
If your category has a unit price, check the box beside This Expense has a unit price.
- A unit price can be anything you’d like, such as $0.50 per mile or $1 per copy. You’ll track the related expense by quantity (e.g., 2 miles, 5 copies) rather than by price. Harvest will automatically calculate the total price of all units tracked.
Click Save category.
You can read more about tracking expenses here.
Editing, archiving, and deleting Expenses
You can edit expense categories under Manage > Expense categories by clicking the Edit button next to the expense name.
You can archive an expense category under Manage > Expense categories. Just click the Archive button that appears to the right of any category name.
Here’s how archiving will affect your account:
- Once you archive a task, you cannot track an expense to it.
- All expenses that were already tracked to the archived category remain intact.
- You can also edit any expense entry tracked to an archived category.
You can restore your archived expense category at any time. To do so:
- Head to Manage > Expense categories.
- Click the View archived categories link in the upper right.
- Click Restore to the left of any archived category.
Expense categories can be deleted only if no expenses have been tracked to them. To delete an expense:
- Make sure all expense entries are deleted.
- Go to Manage > Expense categories, and click the Delete button next to the expense name.