How do I merge/combine two Harvest accounts?
While it isn't possible to merge data from two or more Harvest accounts into a single account, you can export data from one account and import most of that data into another account.
Only Administrators can import data into an account.
Importing and exporting data
The following Help Center pages have information about both exporting and importing different types of data, and there are also sample CSV files for importing that you can download. You'll want to ensure your CSV files are properly formatted before attempting to import. Each article below covers exactly how you should set those up:
- How to add and import people (This page doesn’t detail exporting your team members—you can do that from Team using the Export button on that page.)
- Importing and exporting time and expense data (You'll find a helpful video on this page that covers some common reasons for import errors and how to avoid them.)
- Importing and Exporting Projects
- Importing and exporting clients and client contacts
We recommend importing data into your new account in the order listed above—note that the pages above indicate imports that will automatically create some data in your account if it doesn’t yet exist.
Limitations of importing
You cannot import all of a project’s settings. All new projects included in the CSV file will be created with the Time & Materials project type. After importing, you'll need to edit the project to update the project type and to select settings like billable rates, fees, budget, the people assigned, and tasks.
It is not possible to import invoices or estimates, though both can be exported from your Settings (top right) in the Export Data section.
Reverting an import
You can revert an import that’s been uploaded to your account within the last 30 days. Reverting an import will attempt to permanently delete any data the import created in your account. Note that any records that have been edited since being imported can’t be deleted with this process. For edited data—like a time entry that’s been updated or a project name that’s been changed—you’ll need to manually delete or archive those records.
To revert an import:
- Click on Settings (top right).
- Only Administrators can view and change account settings.
- Scroll to the Import data section and click the Revert an import button.
- Click the Revert button to the right of the import you’d like to revert.
- You’ll be asked to confirm your action. Type
- Click Revert import to confirm.
For your records, Harvest will send you an email once the revert is complete.