Windows App - Tracking Time
Navigating Harvest for Windows
When you sign in to the application, you’ll see your Timesheet window for the day with the Weekly Summary Bar along the top. The Weekly Summary Bar will show you the daily totals for the entire week.
From this initial view, you can navigate to different days:
- To switch days, simply click the day you’d like to enter time on.
- To move between days, click the left or right navigation arrows in the Weekly Summary Bar.
- To jump back to today’s date, click Return to Today’s Timesheet.
The app also supports several keyboard shortcuts.
Starting and Stopping Timers
To start a timer:
- Click the plus sign (bottom left) on the Timesheet window.
- Choose a project and task and add a note if needed.
- You can start typing a project or task name, and the app will auto-complete your selection.
- Click the Start button.
- To add a past entry, follow the steps above, then enter a Duration (or a Start Time and End Time) and click Save.
To stop a timer, hover over the entry, then click the stop icon in the Timesheet window next to the entry.
Reviewing a Running Timer
You can see the details of your currently running timer from the Harvest icon in your system tray. When a timer is running, the app’s icon will change to a clock icon. Hover over it to see how long you’ve been tracking to that timer.
If you stop the timer, the icon will change back to an H.
Editing and Deleting Time
To edit an entry, double-click the entry in question. You can also hover over the timer’s duration and click Edit (pencil icon). Make your edits, and then click Save.
To delete an entry, right-click on the entry you want to delete and select Delete from the actions menu.
You can also right-click any time entry and choose View in Harvest to open your Harvest Timesheet in a browser.