Archiving, Deleting, and Restoring Projects
If you’re a Regular User, check out our Regular User resources.
From the Projects section of your account, you are able to archive a project to retain its data or delete a project from your account permanently. You are also able to restore an archived project to make it active again.
Archive a Project
How Archiving Affects Data
- Archiving does not delete data. The project’s time and expenses will be retained, and you can still invoice for and report on it.
- You cannot track time to an archived project.
- You cannot edit an archived project. To edit it, you must restore it.
- You can view an archived project’s Analysis page at any time.
- You can also duplicate an archived project.
How to Archive a Project
- Go to Projects, then find the project you want to archive.
- Click the Actions menu that appears to the right of the project listing, then select Archive.
How to Restore a Project
Go to Projects.
You can find your archived project in one of two ways:
- Search for the project by name or client with the search bar in the top right.
- Use the dropdown filter in the top left of your project list to view only archived projects.
Once you find your project, click the Restore button that appears to its right.
Delete a Project
Deleting a project will also delete any time and expenses tracked to the project, and any linked retainers. Invoices whose line items are linked to the project will lose those links, but the invoice won’t be deleted or affected in any way.
Deleting is permanent and there’s no undo. However, if you’ve deleted something by accident, please contact us at email@example.com immediately, as in some cases we may be able to help. If you just want to hide the project, we recommended archiving it instead.
You can delete any project by following these steps:
- Go to your Projects section.
- Click on the project’s name.
- Then click the Actions menu in the top right and select Delete.
- You will be asked to confirm your action. Type YOLO and click on Delete to delete the project and all time, expenses and retainers linked to the project.