Track time to Harvest right from Trello cards with our Trello Power-Up or our Chrome, Edge, or Firefox extension. The Power-Up lets you track time from Trello using any browser and shows snippets of Harvest data on your Trello boards and cards.
Our browser extensions also allow you to track time directly in Trello, but they don’t display Harvest data.
Harvest Power-Up for Trello
Enabling the Harvest Power-Up
- Open a board in Trello and click the three dots in the upper right corner to open the menu.
- Click on Power-Ups.
- Search for Harvest.
- Click Add under the Harvest Power-Up listing.
- Confirm by clicking Add again.
- You should see a Settings box underneath the Harvest Power-Up listing, which indicates you’re all set.
- Repeat these steps for other boards where you’d like to allow time tracking.
Tracking time in Trello via the Power-Up
- On any Trello card, click the Harvest button on the right side.
- From there, click Track time. A timer window will open up.
- Then, you’ll be ready to track time. Choose a project and task.
- Click Start timer, or enter how long you’ve already worked on the task and click Save entry.
- To stop a timer, click the Harvest button again and then Track time. The timer window will open, and you can click Stop timer.
Viewing time tracked on a Trello board
You can see the total time tracked to a board in Trello next to the H icon near the top of the board. If your browser window is smaller than a certain size, you may need to hover over the H icon to see the time instead.
Viewing time tracked on a Trello card
You'll see the total time tracked to a card in Trello when starting a new timer from the card.
Viewing time tracked via Trello in your Harvest account
In the Day view of your timesheet, the notes section of each time entry you create from Trello will include a link back to the Trello card.
Attaching a time report to a card
The Harvest Power-Up button has the option to Attach time report to a card. This will add a report that shows who tracked time to the card, and for how long. Administrators and Managers can see the team’s time, whereas Members will only see their own time.
Harvest browser extensions in Trello
Downloading the browser extension
If you don’t already have the Harvest extension for your browser, you can find steps for downloading it in our articles on the Harvest Chrome Extension, the Harvest Edge Extension, and the Harvest Firefox Extension.
Tracking time in Trello via the browser extension
- On any Trello card, click Track Time. A timer window will open up.
- Choose a project and task.
- Click Start timer or enter how long you’ve already worked on the task and click Save entry. The card’s Track Time button will be blue while the timer is running.
- To stop a timer, click the Track Time button again. The timer window will open, and you can click Stop timer.
Do Harvest projects/tasks and Trello boards/cards sync?
No, you’ll have to manually set up projects and tasks in Harvest and boards and cards in Trello. You can check out the third-party app Zapier if you’d like to automate this.
Once you track time to a card in Trello, Harvest will remember the project and task that you tracked time to, and you’ll never have to select them again!