Invoice reports and payments received reports
In addition to the invoice data you can view from the Invoices overview page, you can also run reports on your invoices, including payments received reports and line item exports.
Invoice report and payments received report
Head to Invoices > Report
Click New report.
Choose the type of report and filters you need. You can filter by:
- Invoice report or Payments received report.
- Status (all, draft, sent, late, paid, written-off)
Click Run report.
Note that the invoice report and payments received report list invoices/payments separately for each currency you've used to invoice a client.
Exporting invoice reports and line items
- When viewing an invoice report, click Export.
- You can then choose to Export invoices to Excel, Export invoices to CSV, Export invoices to PDF, Export line items to Excel, or Export line items to CSV.
Excel and CSV invoice report exports
Excel and CSV invoice report exports will contain more detailed information than what you see on the interface, including tax amounts for each invoice.
PDF invoice report exports
PDF invoice report exports generate a packet of invoices which includes a PDF copy of each invoice on the report.
Line item exports
A line item export will include a row for each line item for each invoice in the report with the following details: Invoice ID, client, project, item type, item description, item quantity, item unit price, item amount, item discount, item tax(es), currency, and invoice type.
Exporting payments received reports
- When viewing a payments received report, click Export.
- You can then choose to Export to Excel or Export to CSV.
The payments received export will contain more detailed information than what you see on the interface, including the invoice issue date and tax amounts for each payment.