Mac App - Keyboard Shortcuts
With a few simple keystrokes, you can navigate around your Harvest for Mac app lightning fast. Here are some hotkeys we’ve included to make tracking time from your desktop quick and easy:
- To start a new timer, press OPT+CMD+N (this is customizable in Preferences).
- You can use this hotkey with any application open.
- If the timesheet window is already open, you can also press just CMD+N.
- To hide/show the timesheet window, press OPT+CMD+T (this is customizable in Preferences).
- To show the Time Summary, press OPT+CMD+S (this is customizable in Preferences).
- To show your favorites, press OPT+CMD+F (this is customizable in Preferences).
- To refresh the timesheet window, press CMD+R.
- To move between days, use the left and right arrow keys.
- To jump to today’s date, press the T key.
- To move between entries, use the up and down arrow keys. The selected entry will be highlighted in gray.
- To stop a timer (or to start one for the entry that’s selected), press the S key.
- To edit a selected entry, press the E key.
- To delete a selected entry, press the delete key.
Bonus Tip: You can also start and stop your timer by clicking the H in your Mac’s menu bar.
You can even customize a few keyboard shortcuts if you like! To do this:
- Open the Timesheet Window and click the gear icon in the bottom right
- Select Preferences… and click on the Shortcuts tab there
- Type in a new shortcut to the right of each customizable option
Note: You can also click Restore Default Shortcuts if you decide you don’t like the customizations you made.