Mac app: Managing preferences
In Harvest for Mac’s Preferences, you can adjust settings, customize a few keyboard shortcuts, and troubleshoot app issues by clearing the app cache or sending a log to Harvest.
To adjust your app’s preferences, click the gear icon in the bottom right of your timesheet, then select Preferences....
- Under the General tab, you have options to:
- Automatically start Harvest when your computer starts up
- Show the app in your dock and app switcher
- Turn on/off idle time detection after a specific number of minutes
- Open Harvest to enable time tracking reminders
- Under the Shortcuts tab, you can customize the following keyboard shortcuts by typing a new one into each corresponding field. You can also click Restore Default Shortcuts to remove your customizations.
- Start a new timer
- Show/hide timesheet
- Show time summary
- Show favorites
- Under the Support tab, you can take the following actions:
- Click the Clear Cache button to reset your Harvest for Mac app if you’re running into any buggy behavior.
- Click the Send Log to Harvest Support button to help us debug any issues. A log may be requested if you’re communicating with our support team about a specific issue.