Mac app: Troubleshooting
If you’re having trouble using the Harvest for Mac app—whether it's freezing sporadically, responding slowly, or not showing updated project information—here are some general troubleshooting steps you can take.
Check your device’s internet connection
A strong internet connection is required to use Harvest for Mac. If you’re having trouble, you may want to turn your wifi off and back on and verify that your device is connected to the internet.
Make sure your device’s date and time are being set automatically
- Open System preferences on your Mac.
- Go to Date & time.
- Select the checkbox next to Set date and time automatically.
Check that you’re using the latest version of Harvest for Mac
- Open the App store on your Mac.
- Click the Updates menu option on the left.
- If an option to Update the app appears there, click it to apply the update.
From the Harvest for Mac app:
- Click the gear icon and select Preferences….
- Click on the Support tab.
- Click the Clear Cache button.
- Sign back in.
Uninstall and reinstall the app
- Open your Mac’s Launchpad from the dock.
- Locate the Harvest app icon.
- Hold down the option key on your keyboard and click the x next to the Harvest app.
- Download and install Harvest for Mac again from the App Store.