Picking an online payment integration
This article is for Administrators. Learn more about permissions. If you’re a Member, check out our Member resources.
Learn more about the different online payment integrations Harvest offers, compare Stripe vs PayPal, and find out how more about recurring payments, fees, and how long it takes to receive payment.
- Credit cards accepted.
- ACH (bank transfer) accepted for invoices in USD from a US-based business, with payment coming from a supported US bank. Stripe may place limits on ACH transaction amounts.
- Clients don’t need a Stripe account.
- Clients can set up recurring payments for recurring invoices that are sent automatically.
- In most cases, domestic US transaction fees are 2.9% + $0.30 for credit card payments or 0.8% (up to a maximum of $5) for ACH payments. For other applicable fees and more information, visit Stripe’s pricing page for your country.
- Supports businesses in the US, Canada, UK, Australia, and many European countries.
- Credit card payments are automatically transferred to your bank account on a rolling basis (2 days for the US and 7 days for all other countries).
- For ACH payments, Stripe can take anywhere from 2-5 business days to record the payment’s success or failure and pass that information on to Harvest—until then, the web invoice will be marked with a Pending stamp and its status on the Invoices overview will remain Sent or Late.
- Some businesses may be eligible for two-day settlement, depending on their Stripe account standing. To learn about eligibility, visit Stripe's support article on two-day settlement.
- Note that the ACH payment itself, if successful, can take up to 7 business days to be reflected in your available Stripe balance, at which point the funds are available for automatic or manual transfer to your bank account.
- Clients pay right from the Harvest web invoice and aren’t redirected.
- Clients can choose to have their credit card information remembered so they don’t have to re-enter it every time they pay a Harvest invoice.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Clients don’t need a PayPal account.
- In most cases, domestic US transaction fees are 3.49% + $0.49 transaction fee. For other applicable fees and more information, visit PayPal’s fee page for your country.
- Available in 203 countries.
- Payment received instantly.
- Clients redirected to PayPal.com when paying.
To learn how to set up one of these online payment integrations with Harvest, view our article on online payment.