Can I host Harvest on my own server?
No, it's not possible to host Harvest on your own server. Harvest is only available via the web, hosted by us. Our hosted application provides a zero-maintenance experience. You won’t need to be concerned with the overhead of managing server configurations, backups, performance, or reliability, because it’s all taken care of for you. This means that Harvest will be available to you no matter where you go, no matter what happens, and you don’t need to give it a second thought.
All Harvest accounts use SSL-encrypted connections by default—the same level of security used by online banks. You never send or receive sensitive information in plain-text. Additionally, industry-standard physical and remote security is administered at data center facilities. Harvest systems and processes adhere to industry best practices in security, including the following:
- Encrypted inter-server and inter-data center communication.
- Sensitive data encryption in the databases.
- Tightly firewalled and monitored servers.
- Strictly controlled access to servers or customer data.
- Immutable audit trail for support-related data access.
We take security and reliability of your data very seriously. You can check on our recent uptime and get realtime updates on Harvest’s server status here. Here are a few things we do to ensure we stay available for you whenever you need to access your information:
- Network connectivity is provided by multiple top carriers.
- All data is protected by hardware RAID over multiple data storage units.
- Critical servers have redundant power supplies.
- Critical components are deployed in at least redundant pairs.
- All backups are replicated to at least two physical data centers.
- All backup systems are tested biweekly.
- Backups occur once daily at a minimum, with many occurring twice daily.