Mac App - Tracking Time 🎦
Check out this quick video to learn how to use Harvest for Mac:
Navigating Harvest for Mac
When you sign in to the application, you’ll see your Timesheet window for the day with the Weekly Summary Bar along the top of your screen. The Weekly Summary Bar will show you the daily totals for the entire week. From this initial view, you can navigate to different days:
- To switch days, simply click the day you’d like to enter time on.
- To move between days, click the left or right navigation arrows in the Weekly Summary Bar.
- To jump back to today’s date, click the calendar icon (upper right).
- To view your Time Summary, click the i icon (upper right). From there you can see the total number of hours you’ve tracked today, yesterday, this week, and this month.
The app also supports several Keyboard Shortcuts, which you can check out here.
Starting a Timer
- Click the plus sign (bottom left) on the Timesheet window.
- Choose a project and task and add a note if needed.
- You can start typing a project or task name, and the app will auto-complete your selection.
- Click the Start button.
- To add a past entry, follow the steps above, then enter a Duration (or a Start Time and End Time) and click Save.
To stop a timer, hover over the entry, then click the stop icon in the Timesheet window next to the entry or click the Harvest H icon in the Mac menu bar.
Editing and Deleting Time
- Open the Timesheet window and double-click the entry you want to edit.
- Make your edits and click Save.
- To delete an entry, right click on the entry you want to delete and select Delete Timer from the actions menu.
You can also right-click any time entry and choose View in Harvest to open your Harvest Timesheet in a browser.
Viewing a Time Summary
At the top of the Harvest for Mac app you'll find a small information icon. Clicking on that will open a basic report that will include a summary of the hours you've tracked for today, yesterday, this week, and this month: