With G Suite, you can sign in to Harvest and our associated apps with your G Suite credentials. You can also import people from your G Suite domain and export data to Google Drive.
Getting started with Harvest’s G Suite integration
You can sign up for Harvest through G Suite or set up G Suite as an existing Harvest customer. In order to set up the integration:
- You must be a G Suite Super Admin.
- You must be a Harvest Administrator.
- The Harvest Account Owner must be a G Suite Super Admin.
If you’re an existing customer:
- Sign in to both your Google account and your Harvest account.
- Go to Harvest’s page in the G Suite Marketplace and click the blue Domain Install button.
- On the Domain wide install screen, click Continue to give installation permission.
- On the next screen, check the box to agree to the terms and click Allow.
- On the Harvest has been installed! screen, click Next.
- On the next screen, click Complete additional setup now.
- To connect your Harvest account, click Sign In to then choose an existing account, or click Create a Harvest Account if you'd like to start a new one.
You may receive a message that you must enable API access in your G Suite account. If so, head to the Admin Console of your Google account. Under Security > API Reference, check the box to Enable API Access.
Team members who aren’t on your G Suite domain will still be able to use Harvest. They’ll just need their email address and Harvest password to sign in.
You can also require team members to sign in with Google. If that’s the case, anyone without an email address from your G Suite domain will need to use another Google-based email address.
Importing people from G Suite
Once you set up the integration, you’ll see a new option under Team. Click the green Import from Google button to import the people you’ve already added to your G Suite domain.
On the next screen, you’ll see a list of people who can be imported into Harvest. Select the people you’d like to add, then click the import button on the right side of the screen. Note that you’ll only be able to import as many people as your plan allows. You can add seats to your plan from the Billing Information section of Settings (upper right corner of your Harvest account).
Exporting reports to Google Drive
You can export a Time Report or Detailed Time Report directly to Google Drive as a spreadsheet. When viewing the report, click the Export dropdown in the top right and select Google Drive. You’ll then see a new spreadsheet in the My Drive section of your Google Drive.