Google Workspace: Import people and export reports
With Google Workspace (formerly G Suite), you can sign in to Harvest and our associated apps with your Google Workspace credentials. You can also import people from your Google Workspace domain and export data to Google Drive.
Getting started with Harvest’s Google Workspace integration
You can sign up for Harvest through Google Workspace or set up Google Workspace as an existing Harvest customer. In order to set up the integration:
- You must be a Google Workspace Super Admin.
- You must be a Harvest Administrator.
If you’re an existing customer:
- Sign in to both your Google account and your Harvest account.
- Go to Harvest’s page in the Google Workspace Marketplace and click the blue Admin Install button.
- On the Admin install screen, click Continue to give installation permission.
- On the next screen, check the box to agree to the terms and click Finish.
- On the Harvest has been installed! screen, click Next.
- On the next screen, click Complete additional setup now.
- To connect your Harvest account, click Sign in to then choose an existing account, or click Create a Harvest Account if you'd like to start a new one.
You may receive a message that you must enable API access in your Google Workspace account. If so, head to the Admin Console of your Google account. Under Security > API Reference, check the box to Enable API Access.
Team members who aren’t on your Google Workspace domain will still be able to use Harvest. They’ll just need their email address and Harvest password to sign in.
You can also require teammates to sign in with Google. If that’s the case, anyone without an email address from your Google Workspace domain will need to use another Google-based email address.
Importing people from Google Workspace
To import people from Google Workspace, Directory for Google Workspace must be turned on and Contact sharing must be enabled for the domain and individual users.
- Note: If contact sharing is disabled for any users, they will not be available for import via the integration.
Once you set up the integration, you’ll see a new option under Team in your Harvest account. To import people from Google Workspace to Harvest:
- Head to Team.
- Click the green Import from Google button to import the people you’ve already added to your Google Workspace domain.
- On the next screen, you’ll see a list of people who can be imported into Harvest. Select the people you’d like to add, then click the import button on the right side of the screen.
Note that the integration can only support a single Google Workspace domain. Also, you’ll only be able to import as many people as your Harvest plan allows. You can add seats to your plan from the Billing information section of Settings (upper right corner of your Harvest account).
Exporting reports to Google Drive
To export reports to Google Drive, your Google profile must have permission to View and manage Drive files and folders that you open or create with an app.
You can export a time report or detailed time report directly to Google Drive as a spreadsheet. When viewing the report, click the Export dropdown in the top right and select Google Drive. You’ll then see a new spreadsheet in the My Drive section of your Google Drive.