Mobile app: Google and Outlook.com calendar integrations
If the time you track often lines up with the events in your Google or Outlook.com calendar, integrating your calendar app with Harvest will allow you to use those events to populate new time entry information in the mobile apps for iPhone and Android (as well as in the web app).
Integrating your Google or Outlook.com calendar
At this time, you can only connect to Google Calendar in a web browser. The steps for that are available in our article on connecting your calendar to your Harvest account in a web browser.
You can also integrate your Outlook.com calendar with Harvest in a web browser, or use one of these two options to connect directly from the iPhone or Android app:
- Tap the Account tab, then select Integrations. Then, tap Connect for Outlook Calendar and complete the authorization process.
- Tap the green + Track time button in the bottom of your timesheet. Tap Create from calendar at the top. Tap Connect to your calendar to bring up the Integrations section. Tap Connect for Outlook Calendar and complete the authorization process.
Note: You can only connect either a Google or an Outlook.com account, not both. If you start using one service and want to switch to the other one, please first disconnect the current integration.
Tracking time with your calendar
- Tap the Time button (clock icon) to reach your timesheet.
- Tap the green + Track time button at the bottom.
- Tap Create from calendar at the top to see a list of your calendar events.
- All-day events and declined events won't be shown.
- Select the event you want to track time for. Harvest will automatically add the event title to the time entry’s notes and populate the entry’s duration or start and end time fields (depending on your Harvest account settings) based on the event’s start and end times.
- Select the relevant Harvest project and task and edit anything you’d like.
- Tap the Save entry button to add the new time entry to your timesheet.
Disconnecting your calendar
To disconnect your Google or Outlook.com calendar account:
- In the Harvest mobile app, tap the Account tab.
- Tap Integrations.
- Click Disconnect for the connected calendar account.
This will cause Harvest to disable the connection on our end. Any time entries created from calendar events will remain in your Harvest account. To officially revoke access, you may also want to take any relevant steps within your Google or Outlook calendar account.