How do I move time that's already been invoiced?
Harvest doesn’t intend for time that has been invoiced to be altered. This is why invoiced time entries are locked—to prevent changes that can cause confusion down the road.
However, sometimes changes to time entries must be made, such as when a client, task, or project splits into two, and you need your entries to reflect the change.
As a workaround, you can use a Detailed Time Report to unlock hours by marking them as uninvoiced, move them to a new project or task, and then re-lock the hours by marking them as invoiced once more.
To unlock the hours:
- Go to Reports > Detailed Time.
- Set the filters so they capture the time entries you want to move.
- Click Run Detailed Time Report.
- To select individual entries to move, use the checkboxes on the left. If you want to update all the entries on the page, check the box at the top of the report or leave all of the boxes unchecked.
- Click the Actions dropdown and choose Mark hours as uninvoiced.
- In the dialog that appears, click Mark Hours As Uninvoiced to confirm.
Then, to move the hours:
- If you selected specific entries, select them on the report again, then click Actions > Move hours to another … project or task, depending on where you need to move them.
- Select the project or task from the dropdown and click Next Step.
- Type MOVE to confirm and click Move Hours.
To re-lock the hours:
- If you selected specific entries, select them again (they should be highlighted on the report after the move), then click Actions > Mark hours as invoiced.
- Click Mark Hours As Invoiced to confirm.